[mythtv-users] Re: MythMusic - LAME "--r3mix" or --"alt-preset standard" option?

jason531 mythtv at hoocanhelp.com
Mon Oct 27 15:25:36 EST 2003

Thank you for the code, Stefan.  I also appreciate your prompt response.
Sorry about the line breaks -- that was my first post.

I'll check into lame.h as you suggested.  Apparently the r3mix setting
has been obsolete for a couple of years.  A couple of years ago when I
encoded all of my CDs I found an extremely in-depth analysis at
r3mix.net, which is now gone.  Anyway, the bottom line was that using
the r3mix settings you would get an average bitrate of around 190 kb/s
but quality that is indistinguishable from the original CD.  The
"--alt-preset standard" option is the current way to go (for me,
anyway).  Here is a link:
http://doc.hydrogenaudio.org/wikis/hydrogenaudio/RecommendedLAME/view

Thanks again for your help.  I'll post here if I find anything.

-Jason