[mythtv-users] record shows to different location than cache

mvalites at yankees-suck.org mvalites at yankees-suck.org
Mon Oct 27 16:50:31 EST 2003

> The LiveTV buffer and the recordings directory are 2 different settings.
> I have my LiveTV pointed at /opt/mythtv and my recordings saving on an
> nfs-mounted directory on /usr2/video/mythtv/recordings

Ah, so it can be done.  This is exactly what I want to do as well.

> I don't remember what setup screen they are on, but know they are
> different.

Okay, I'll have to look when I get home.  I didn't recall seeing any
different options, but obviously I must have overlooked it.

> You can even point multiple backends at the same recordings directory,
> there
> are several developers and users doing that.  I have /usr2/video on my
> fileserver with lots of space and mount that directory on all my backends
> and frontends.  If a frontend has access to the file directly (ie, via an
> nfs-mounted directory), then the frontend will read the file itself
> rather than asking the backend to read the file and stream it to the
> frontend.

I figured there must be some way to do it since you can have multiple
backends.  Thanks for the advice, although I may be getting a hold of you
again if I can't figure out where it's set.

Thanks,
~Matt