[mythtv-users] Geforce 4 mx: Worth buying one?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Oct 27 17:15:25 EST 2003

On Monday, Oct 27, 2003, at 13:51 US/Pacific, D Banerjee wrote:

> It has full hardware mpeg decoding (which isn't supported under linux
> _yet_)
>
> geforce 4 mx has idct and motion compensation,
> geforce 4 has idct only (I think).
>
> If you browse through nvidia.com I'm sure you'll find the specs
> somewhere.

 From nvidia's web site, pertaining to the 4 MX:

Integrated high-definition Video Processing Engine delivers the highest
quality DVD, video, and display output available in the market today.
Integrated hardware MPEG2 decoder reduces CPU utilization for DVD
playback to provide a longer viewing experience.

Read for yourself here: http://nvidia.com/page/pg_20020201403631.html

The 4 MX series also has hardware mpeg2 decoding. =]
(also not supported under Linux though)

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE