[mythtv-users] slight database problem v.12 RPM

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 28 03:12:23 EST 2003

On Monday, Oct 27, 2003, at 19:46 US/Pacific, Tim Litwiller wrote:

> A clean setup in 12 populates the database it's self - so once you are
> sure the database is empty
> - no tables- run the mythtvsetup .
>
> at least that is what it took for me.

Eh? Perhaps that is something done for a source-based install? It
definitely isn't done by an rpm install... Sorta goes against the
official documentation also, which still says you have to use "mysql -u
root < mc.sql" to populate the database initially...

I know that database *updates* when upgrading to 0.12 are done
automatically.

For someone installing from 0.12 rpms, it should simply be a matter of:

	$ mysql -u root [-p] < /usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.12/database/metadata.sql

Just tried a bare-metal install myself, and the above works fine. If
you're getting a message about the database already being populated,
I'm inclined to think you're not doing a completely fresh install...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...