[mythtv-users] Trying to install from tarball - on the lirc step

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Oct 28 10:42:16 EST 2003

Hi. I had no success trying to install from rpm's or apt so I'm trying
from the tarball.

Having a little trouble with alsa, but figure I can go back to that if I
have sound issues.

I have a PVR-350 and I'm trying to do lirc. I downloaded the bz2 and
untarred it. I run setup.sh and if I choose Hauppauge TV card I get this
at the end of running the software setup:
"You will have to use the lirc_i2c kernel module."

If I choose Hauppauge DVB card (which I'm guessing is not correct) I get
this:
You will have to use the DVB driver from:
http://www.linuxtv.org

Which card should I be using?
Is there other lirc software I should be installed?

Thanks,
James