[mythtv-users] Nforce + alsa native support

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Tue Oct 28 14:01:17 EST 2003

Does anyone here have Myth's alsa native support working with an NForce
board? Better yet, anyone using SPDIF output with that setup?

I've been trying to get Myth to use the digital output to reduce my cable
runs. Myth is built with ALSA support and I'm trying the latest CVS of
ALSA. However, as soon as I enable native ALSA
(AudioOutputDevice=ALSA:default) playback of anything becomes incredibly
choppy. The console scrolls "Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost" and
"<date> prebuffering pause".

System specs:
Mythtv CVS from the 24th
ALSA CVS from today
Audio output set to ALSA:default (:hw0,0 is the same)

I *think* that the problems are due to the fact that the NForce chipset
locks itself to 48Khz, but I've set Myth to record at that rate
(settings->recording profiles) and it makes no difference.

If anyone has a working setup, can you send me your configuration?

Drew

--
Drew Bernat                                                __ ____
abernat at zathras.net                                         |  | |