[mythtv-users] nForce2 Chipset

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 29 02:22:56 EST 2003

On Oct 28, 2003, at 11:09 PM, DanM wrote:

> Ok, reinstalled w/ mandrake 9.2 installed everything.  Figured out the
> problem with the nvidia driver was I needed to enable an irq for vga.
> The driver via messages was kind enough to tell me that.  I figured my
> last problem as well, you may want to add into the video section a
> note that says you may need to add: Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"  I
> had to put that in before it would work.

Huh. I used to have that in there, but pulled it out, because I had
better results letting the system auto-detect the attached displays.
That's the first I've heard of a system NOT working without that. Do
you by chance not have your video cable straight from the video card to
the TV (routed through an amp, possibly)?

> Thanks for all yoru help!

No problem. :)

>>  I've got an ATC-620C-BX1.
> little heavier than the 610, but identical otherwise.  Had I seen the
> 620 when I got my 610 I probably would have got the 620 and saved
> myself $20.

There are a few more differences, actually. The 620 has two LEDs (one
HD, one power) versus one on the 610, and the 620 has more front ports
(IIRC, the 610 has audio and USB, while the 620 has audio, USB and
FireWire). Not that I use any of the front ports, and the power LED
never does anything but sit there... Only thing really of interest is
the HD LED, so I know its recording... But I do like the sturdier 620
case, just in case...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE