[mythtv-users] Waited too long for decoder to pause

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Oct 29 17:19:34 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 19:42, Adam Wood wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions
>
> > Are you sure you have the Via decoder working? The VIA Binary
> > won't load on gentoo to my knowledge, and if it loads it
> > grabs video0 to video2, the ivtv gets video3 in that case. So
> > you probably don't have the via decoder modules loaded properly.
>
> When using myth I set the video device to /dev/video3, I was only using
> video0 before loading the VIA driver to do the cat test. I can load the
> VIA Binary and get fine results with glxgears and mplayer. I've tried
> running myth with and without the driver - same result. The following
> two lines are the only unusual line from dmesg:
> mtrr: 0xd8000000,0x2000000 overlaps existing 0xd8000000,0x800000
> mtrr: 0xd8000000,0x2000000 overlaps existing 0xd8000000,0x800000
>
> Everything else is normal, I do have the fb driver running though. I was
> having other problems untill I installed xfree86 4.3.99 but I'm still
> getting some strange coloured window borders every so often. Do you
> think the mtrr might be causing some problems? If not does anyone know
> what exactly this error message is trying to tell me?

Then I'm sorry, no idea, the CLE266 driver is binary, so no way to look
into it, I don't think the problem is with myth or HDD or anything.

I had it running, and stable that is, till last monday. So the problem
seems to be with gentoo and the binary drivers. There's nothing in
messages?

> > Waited too long for decoder to pause

I know that one too well. Switched to PVR350 output. This is not stable,
either. As a matter of fact, the CLE was more stable (up to yesterday,
data for today looks promising though, have to stop answering the list
and switch channels a bit). But I don't think the CLE driver has nearly
as much ongoing development as the pvr.

Torsten