[mythtv-users] PVR350 TV Out

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Oct 29 21:27:59 EST 2003

>From what I've read on my searches, to get the TV Out working with the
PVR 350 takes a lot of work, compiling, and headaches.

I've already installed the decoder_alpha ivtv.
I have the TVOut enabled in MythTV setup.
Still doesn't work.

I read that you have to recompile MythTV for frame buffer support?
I read you have to modify X for frame buffer support?
I also read that using S-Video provides much better picture quality?
Are these correct?
Anyone have this working on Redhat 9 and able to provide any insight?

This may be a dumb question, but when enabling TV out on the 350, does
that include both video and audio, or just video? (I assume both)

So far I love what I have working. Thanks to the developers and for the
people on this list dealing with my many posts the last few days. If I
can get the output and lirc working I'll be in pretty good shape.

Thanks,
James