[mythtv-users] Mandrake 9.1 LIRC headaches

scuterky scuterky at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 00:13:27 EST 2003

I'm not sure is this will help the original poster, but fwiw, on mythtv 0.11, mandrake 9.1, I did not have to recompile the kernel at all. I did remove all stock lirc components from the system and run the setup from lirc-0.6.6. Selecting an IR Blaster and COM1, then running the configure, make, make install worked fine for me.

I did not need to make any symlinks in /dev. I did need to run the setserial command as the make output required. Then, %lircd, %irw or %mode2 worked as expected.

Hope that helps,
scuterky

> >>UGH!!!
> >>
> >>I have been trying all night to get a custom kernel
> compiled for a new
> >>version of LIRC, and I am getting nowhere.  I know MDK9.1 LIRC is
> >>broken, so I was trying to recompile the kernel with serial port
> >>modularized before I install the new LIRC, and I can't get the dumb
> >>kernel compiled!  It keeps failing on make dep with an Error 2, it
> >>can't find some file related to LIRC.
> >>
> >>Below is a note I sent to the mandrake list:  anyone see
> any problems?

<snip>