[mythtv-users] Re: Time offset in Program Guide and Program Finder.

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Thu Oct 30 06:21:38 EST 2003

Hi Rune!

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Rune Olsen wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I have installed Mythtv ver. 0.12 on my Gentoo 1.4.3.10 system.
>
> My CLOCK in rc.conf  is set to "local" and my /etc/localtime is a
> symlink to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Copenhagen

So 'date' returns 'Thu Okt 30 11:57:02 CET 2003'?
And the time is not off by 1 hour?

> I get the tv program information from tv_grab_dk.
>
> My problem is that when I use the "Time offset for XMLTV listings" in
> the mythsetup program I get the following (I run mythfilldatabase each
> time I change the setting):
>
> timeoffset:     tv program time:
> -1.00           program times is an hour early (a program scheduled
>                 for 4.00 is shown as 3.00).
>
> none            program times is an hour late (a program scheduled for
>                 4.00 is shown as 5.00).
>
> auto            program times is an hour late.
>
> +1.00           program times is an hour late.

The xml file looks like this:

  <channel id="003.tv.tv2.dk">
    <display-name>DR 1</display-name>
  </channel>
  <programme start="20031030130000 +0100" stop="20031030140500 +0100"
    <title lang="dk">Regionalprogrammer</title>

So if the start/stop times and timezone in the xml file are actually
correct and your localtime is also, you shouldn't see this hour shift
wether the TimeOffset setting is set to None or Auto.

Not very helpful, but could it be that your program table still contains the
wrong data due to the switch to winter time? mythfilldatabase might not
update program entries which are already in the program table, depending
on how you call it.

To be sure you could empty the program and programrating tables and run
mythfilldatabase again.

HTH, Stefan