[mythtv-users] Re: Time offset in Program Guide and Program Finder.

Rune Olsen rbo at kampsax.dtu.dk
Thu Oct 30 08:48:55 EST 2003

Stefan Frank <sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de> writes:

> Hi Rune!
>
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Rune Olsen wrote:
>
> > Hi there.
> >
> > I have installed Mythtv ver. 0.12 on my Gentoo 1.4.3.10 system.
> >
> > My CLOCK in rc.conf  is set to "local" and my /etc/localtime is a
> > symlink to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Copenhagen
>
> So 'date' returns 'Thu Okt 30 11:57:02 CET 2003'?

Yes

> And the time is not off by 1 hour?

No, it shows the correct time.

> The xml file looks like this:
>
>   <channel id="003.tv.tv2.dk">
>     <display-name>DR 1</display-name>
>   </channel>
>   <programme start="20031030130000 +0100" stop="20031030140500 +0100"
>     <title lang="dk">Regionalprogrammer</title>

The dates in the xml file is off by one so the hour should be
decreased by one to get the correct time.

in tv_grab_dk there is a line defining a timezone (the variable is
called TZ) changing it doesn't help though :(

My theory is (although I might very  well be wrong):

from tv_grab_dk the start and end times is one hour more that they
should be, but is supplied with timezoneinformation (+1).

If I set the TimeZoneOffset to None, mythtv doesn't do any time
adjustment and just use the supplied (but wrong) data from
tv_grab_dk and makes no timezoneadjustment (and therefore ignores the
supplied +1 timezone information).

When I turn on the TimeZoneOffset feature the supplied timezoneinfo
from tv_grab_dk (+1) is included in the calculation and then the fixed
TimeZoneOffset is applied. This actually generates the correct start
and end times before the fixed offset is added.

Why it still generates the wrong times when the offset is set to Auto
is still a mystery to me though.

> Not very helpful, but could it be that your program table still contains the
> wrong data due to the switch to winter time? mythfilldatabase might not
> update program entries which are already in the program table, depending
> on how you call it.

I run the mythfilldatabase without the --update parameter, so the
database data should be generated everytime I run mythfilldatabase.

When I look in the database tables, all the start and end times is
equal to the ones supplied by tv_grab_dk.

Rune Olsen