[mythtv-users] IVTV installation problems

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 31 00:01:54 EST 2003

On Oct 30, 2003, at 7:46 AM, Nick Deng wrote:

> I have got my mythtv going for a week also. Then I updated mythtv to
> 1.2, it seems to me I have
> various problems. For some reason, I may have uninstalled ivtv driver
> all together. Now I can even
> reinstall ivtv anymore. I updated kernel by using apt-get, it tells me
> I have latest one, no need
> for updating. After that, I did :
> #export KERNEL=`uname -r`
> ## apt-get install mythtv-suite
> tells me some error about mythdvd, since I have later version before
> all this happen, i do not use
> mythdvd for the time being, then
>
> # apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-$KERNEL
> tells me ' can't find the package ivtv-kmdl-xxxxxxx(kernel i am using).
>
> Any help or suggestion to fix this?

Hm... Run an apt-get update, then try this and see what it says:

	# apt-cache policy ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r`

If it returns nada, I'd have to guess there's something tanked in
/etc/apt/sources.list. If it returns something, you should be able to
apt-get install that package...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE