[mythtv-users] PVR250 No video and no lirc remote

Jim Valavanis jimvman at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 11:03:15 EST 2003

Hi everyone,
I finally installed mythtv on redhat 9, with the Hauppauge WinTV-250 as
per Jarod's instructions (Thanks a lot Jarod for a great guide).
 Everything seemed to work ok,  but I cannot see output on my computer
screen.  I have not plugged in S-Video out to the TV yet, but plan on
doing this when I confirm all output is working correctly to the
monitor.  I think I probably have something goofed up in the mythtvsetup
(maybe the inputs/outputs) but I'm not sure what.  Is the default
configuration to send video out via the S-Video only?

Also I cannot get the remote to work.  I have the dark-grey remote
control with this PVR250.  Evething looks ok from the /var/log/messages
output, but when I run irw, I get nothing.  I've tried 3 setup of
batteries to make sure those aren't dead but still no luck.

Any guidance at this point would be great.

Thanks,

Jim V