[mythtv-users] PVR250 No video and no lirc remote

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 31 14:16:04 EST 2003

On Oct 31, 2003, at 10:47 AM, Jim Valavanis wrote:

> I had a feeling something was messed up in the Capture cards or Input
> Connections sections.  Still no luck.  Now, when I select "Watch TV",
> I get a blank screen and then I cannot exit.  I have to kill the
> mythfrontend process in order to exit.  ESC doesn't do anything.
>
> Here are my settings...
> Capture card:
>    /dev/video0
>    /dev/vbi
>    /dev/dsp
>    Audio Sampling: none

All looks fine, I think.

>    Default Input: Tuner0  (Is this right?)

As long as you are hooking a coax cable directly to the tuner input,
yes.

>    Card Type: Standard V4L or MJPEG capture Card  ( I tried other
> types as well but no luck)
>
> Input Devices:
>    Capture Device: /dev/video0
>    Input:     Tuner0
>    Video Source: comcast
>   Anything wrong here??

Ah, you're still running 0.11, so no profiles yet. Is that from within
mythtvsetup, or in the frontend? I can't recall anymore what you can
set where... It isn't a standard vl4 or mjpeg card though, it is a
hardware mpeg2 card.

Also, check for proper permissions on the directories you use for your
live TV buffer and recordings, as well as /dev/video0 and /dev/dsp (and
make sure nothing else is using /dev/dsp).

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...