[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip Questions

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Oct 31 15:42:09 EST 2003

>> First let me say that commercial skipping was not on my list of
wow

>> factors when I envisioned my MythTV expererience.
>>
>> That was, until, I started using it. Wow. However, as good as the system
>> is it doesnt work 100% of the time (Anyone watch CSI from last night?).
>> I get the impression that there is another program out there that will
>> let me edit the commercial markers. How can I do this? Is it part of the
>> MythTV interface?

I haven't watched that CSI yet, so I'll try to see how accurate the
commercial detection worked and see what it missed and why.  I have
noticed it mess up on CSI before and saved one episode from a few weeks
ago but hadn't had a chance to do much debugging on it yet.

> Yeah, I have to turn off auto commercial advance when I'm watching CSI.
>  I guess they use blank frames within the show, and that confuses
> MythTV?

Ahh, brave soul.  I wrote the commercial detection code and I don't even
leave auto-skip turned on. :)  I'll try to put some time into debugging
this sometime soon.  It has been bugging me a little, but most of the time
I just blame it on letting my wife control the remote. :)

--

Chris