[mythtv-users] newbie - can't get it to work (mdk 9.1, pvr250, nxtvepg), no channel (switzerland)

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 21:05:59 EDT 2003

My expertise is not with the RPMs (I build from source
with RedHat 9), but I can give you some pointers:
1. Make sure that ivtv is really configured properly.
As an example, when first setting it up, I forgot to
extract the firmware, and the driver would cause an
"oops".
2. Make sure that you've created with MythTV SQL
database.  I'm not sure if the RPMs do that for you or
not.
3. Make sure that you ran the MythTV setup program and
created your video sources.
4. Make sure you have run "mythfilldatabase" to grab
channel entries.

You'll only get TV when you "cat /dev/video0 >
test.mpg" if you have set the channel.  Unfortunately,
I couldn't get the perl script to work, but I got
lucky in that the PVR-250 I bought was configured for
channel 2 (in North America).

Hopefully this will get you going.

-- Joe