[mythtv-users] Frontend/NFS Mounting Revisited

Steve Davidson buzzdat1 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 2 21:26:53 EDT 2003

I've finally gotten around to configuring NFS for my frontend client,
but MythFrontend doesn't seem to be using the share.  The backend is
configured to write recorded programs to /mnt/store.  The frontend is
mounting this via NFS to /mnt/store - I have verified that it is indeed
mounted.

Frontend and backend are on different machines within the same subnet.

The backend log reports:

2003-09-02 19:57:18 adding: mythfe as a player 0
2003-09-02 19:57:18 adding: mythfe as a remote file transfer

nfsstat shows no server read/write activity; I would expect to see NFSv3
server read stats increasing if the file was being read via NFS.

I've followed the installation instructions to the letter, including the
/etc/fstab recommendations.

Am I missing something here?

== Steve