[mythtv-users] Nehemiah Performance

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Wed Sep 3 08:27:42 EDT 2003

> I now have myth more or less working and the first report was vastly
> optimistic.
> Mplayer still looks great with full size and stream, but the video in
> myth has to be much smaller *480x480) for my m10k to handle it!!
>
> My screen graphics is also completely screwed up. Screens don't redraw
> and some graphics don't show up or move when a button is pressed...etc.
> Might be the video driver, but it's pretty wiesrd and I have no idea
> how to fix it. I'm going to try to switch to another video drivers
> (vesa generic), but if some one have a suggestions or recommendation
> for my rh9-epiam10k system I'd greatly appreciate it.

Are you using a TV or a VGA monitor?  I use a TV (i.e., the EPIA's
S-video out) and have no problems.  If you use TV-out I will be happy to
send you my XF86config file (or post it if anyone else wants to see it).

BTW, I found the drivers (on viaarena) you mentioned below to use the
on-board MPEG decoder but I haven't yet installed them.  I too am unable
to run above 480x480 with the M10k decoding with software.  If the
drivers work, I expect to be able to decode 720x480 with virtually no
CPU usage.  This will free up the CPU to do things like transcoding.
Both encoding and decoding will be done in hardware, encoding on the
pvr-250 and decoding on the m10k broad.  It ought to be very cool if it
works.

Has anyone else out there gotten this to work (under RH9)?  The epia-m
on-board mpeg decoder, that is...

Dick