[mythtv-users] CVS

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Wed Sep 3 12:17:50 EDT 2003

Let's not get too snappy here.  All he's saying is put this in the
documentation in a different section:

  $ mkdir mythtv
  $ cd mythtv
  $ cvs -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs login
  Logging in to :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
  CVS password: mythtv
  $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs checkout
  mythtv

The above appears in the "Getting this Document" section of the docs.
It should not be there.  Those instructions are not how to get the
document, but are more like "getting Myth from CVS".  Therefore, you
need to move the above directions into section 5, which is "downloading
and compiling".

It's that simple.  There is no reason NOT to.  All instructions on
getting/building/using Myth should be in the docs, right?  So why leave
this one little tidbit only on the website?