[mythtv-users] Recommendations for quiet Athlon cooling?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Sep 4 09:13:46 EDT 2003

I have a box I'm converting to MythTV that has an Athlon 2200+ XP.
Athlons are known to run hot, so when I built this box eight months ago I
added quite a bit of fans.

Now that the box is sitting beside the TV, the fan noise is *very*
noticeable.  I currently have a Thermaltake Volcano 6 CU+ with 7000 rpm
fan.  This is a very *loud* fan, and I feel the overall noise in the box
would be significantly reduced if I replaced it.

Can anyone recommend a low noise cooling solution for Athlons that
actually cools?  I've heard nightmares regarding the Zalman zero-fan
solutions, so I'm hestitant to go that route.

Thanks for your input...

John