[mythtv-users] Channel changing delays

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 4 11:29:12 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 10:04, Tako Schotanus wrote:
<snip>

> Any detailed reason you can give for this delay?
>
> What I especially would like to know if reducing delay is a technical
> impossibility or if it's just difficult given the current implementation.
>
> Cheers,
>  -Tako

It's not impossible, it should be able to do it as fast as Tivo.  I do
seem to remember a post by Isaac (methink) a time ago where it was said
that a delay was inserted by design in order to make a certain tv card
work properly...  I could be way off the mark here, to my defense, I did
have a weekend of way-too-much-beer so it could all just be a fixture of
my imagination...

come to think of it, I rarely know what I'm talking about anyway.

-jose-