[mythtv-users] Different .nuv file size for different channel

Wayne Veilleux wayne.veilleux at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 4 12:22:29 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm experimenting a strange thing here with one channel when I do
record program on it. I'm using MPEG-4 encoding and usually I have
approximatly 1GB per hour (it is more like 978MB). But, there is one
channel that require 3.3GB per hour ! ;-(

I'm on cable TV and I know that this channel is also the most powerful
signal send "by air" and I have some interferance. When I'm using
xawtv, I also notice that this an only channel has some "phantom" and
flicky image. Do you thing that will be my problem that cause mythtv
create larger files ?

I search into the mailing list and I did not find anything on that
problem. Am I the only one who has that ?

Thanks for any help,

Wayne