[mythtv-users] nuexport questions

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 15:27:57 EDT 2003

I have the same problem - ffmpeg only sees 3 frames -
with mpeg4-encoded
..nuv files.  Is it possible that it has to do with
specific settings?  I'm
at 480x480, default quality settings, default mp3
audio settings.

> Okay, I ran mythtranscode, toolame and ffmpeg
manually... the problem
> would
>
> appear to be either ffmpeg's ability to handle raw
video input (unlikely),

> or mythtranscode's ability to output raw video from
an RTjpeg-encoded Myth

> nuv file (more likely).  ffmpeg appears to see 3
frames of video and then

> hang.  Given the fact that other people (well, at
least you) use this
> script
>
> OK with the same version of ffmpeg & recent Myth
CVS, I'm left with the
> only
>
> variable:  RTjpeg vs. MPEG-4 or MPEG-2 hardware
encode.  I'm transcoding
> one
>
> of my recordings to MPEG-4 right now to see if (a)
transcoding from RTjpeg

> works at all, and if the transcode works, then (b)
if I can produce an
> SVCD
>
> from the transcoded recording.  I'll post my
results.