[mythtv-users] Adding channels to database

Thomas J. Powell, PE tpowell at tjp.com
Thu Sep 4 23:15:57 EDT 2003

Hello

My cable company has added several channels and I am trying to figure out
how to make MythTV add these channels to the database.  How do I go about
adding this channel?   I have not found anything in the documentation for
this.  I am running Myth 0.11 and XLMTV 0.5.17.  Thank you in advance.

mythfilldatabase output below:

[tj at frosty tj]$ mythfilldatabase
parameterless "use IO" deprecated at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XML/Writer.pm line 16
using config file /home/tj/.mythtv/CATV.xmltv

checking provider information for postal/zip code 44067, be patient..
double checking channel information, be patient..
noticed new station available (40 SPIKETV), re-run --configure
noticed station unavailable (40 TNN), re-run --configure
writing listings to /tmp/mythmNaG48