[mythtv-users] Working modules.conf file for Pinnacle PCTV Rave

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 4 22:48:09 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 17:57 US/Pacific, jp_mythtv at gcfl.net wrote:

> Does anyone have a working Pinnacle PCTV Rave setup?

Some do, but with older cards, or not with the tuner... Pinnacle
recently revised the Rave to use a new tuner that isn't supported under
Linux (at least not yet).

> I also have an AverTV Studio, and I have it working with
> the modules.conf file that was posted to this mailing
> list, but it does not work for the Pinnacle card.

Obviously. They are different cards, and they take different settings.
Read the bttv documentation.

> Other messages I've read seem to indicate that it will
> work with Linux.

Not the tuner if it is a relatively new PCTV Rave. I had one of them
too.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE