[mythtv-users] I think my motherboard isbroken.Anyrecommendations for a new one exclusively for MythTV use

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 4 23:33:38 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 22:22 US/Pacific, Joe Votour wrote:

> Note that they show up as extra drives, if you have
> the correct module compiled.  :)  These cards require
> the Promise IDE driver.

I never had to compile anything for them. They were supported by a
stock Red Hat Linux 9 install. With other distros, ymmv, but with Red
Hat, they are supported out of the box (I've also got a Red Hat Linux
7.3 box with one in it, never had to compile anything, so Red Hat
supports them out of the box at least that far back).

> However, I agree, these are pretty good cards.
> Although the PCI 133 card I have is limited to 137GB,
> Maxtor does have the flash update available on their
> site.
>
> This card is definitely a keeper, which is why I'm
> holding onto it, even though I don't need it at the
> moment.

Never know when they'll come in handy. I've got five of them all told.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...