[mythtv-users] Re:Mythweb version 0.11 no previews

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Fri Sep 5 15:15:10 EDT 2003

When I first installed mythweb the image_cache and php_sessions
directories were not created for some reason.  After I created
them and gave them the proper permissions everything worked fine
except for the preview images, they were simply a broken link.
I checked in mythweb/image_cache and the images were there.  By
right clicking on the broken link I found that it was expecting
the images_cache directory to be off of the root directory of
the server, not under mythweb.  I created a soft link titled
image_cache in the web server root that was linked to
mythweb/image_cache and everything worked after that.

More recently I cleaned everything out pretty thoroughly and
installed from cvs and everything worked right from install.  I
then deleted the soft link in the server root.  It's been working
great, except for not remembering the rank, recordings to keep
and such settings.  I'm not sure if this part of the profile
glitch that was fixed?  I'm using cvs from Sep 2nd, though the
directory glitch I had was with mythweb-0.11.  The directory mess
may have been related to a failed attempt to install mythweb via
thac's mandrake package (I kept getting no httpd present when
it was running just fine), but I have no idea.

I don't know if this relates to your problem, but it's easy
enough to check and I just thought I'd mention it.

Bob