[mythtv-users] Auto transcode specific recordings captured with PVR 250?

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri Sep 5 21:55:25 EDT 2003

Thanks to assistance from the list (I apologize, I forget who supplied the
answer of changing my audio sampling rate up to 48Khz in my transcode
profile) I can now properly transcode from the PVR 250 captured MPEG 2
files down to a more svelte MPEG 4.  Which raises a new question, that I'm
hoping someone can assist me with.  We record a few shows daily, ie Trading
Spaces, that I would like to have auto-transcode down to MPEG4, as quality
isnt as much of an issue as, say, the latest episode of MI5 or Alias.  Is
it possible, with just the PVR 250 card, to create a profile that will auto
transcode, and use that for shows that I'm less concerned about quality for?

Thanks,

--
Jeff