[mythtv-users] /dev/dsp inconcistent in Myth, but works in Freevo...

Mike mford2 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 22:52:27 EDT 2003

The same thing happened to me a couple of Myth versions back.  I changed my
sound device in mythfrontend to the actual device file (/dev/sound/dsp)
instead of the link and it solved the problem.  You can probably change the
permissions on /dev/dsp as well but I didn't mess any further once I got it
working.
Mike

On Friday 05 September 2003 08:38 pm, chris wrote:
> Hey -
>
> Getting a weird deal.  I had Myth working the other day, but after a
> reboot, getting error;
>
> player: Can't open audio device: /dev/dsp
>
> The weird thing is Freevo works o.k. with the same hardware....  but, I
> definately want the features of Myth ... if I can just figure out what
> happened to the sound!
>
> Is it just me?!?!?
>
> MoHoelx

Mike