[mythtv-users] Cheap network wireless solution...

and hons at rcn.com
Fri Sep 5 22:48:49 EDT 2003

Have anyone managed to get 802.11G drivers for linux yet?

I think 802.11b is fine if you mainly need it for the xmltv and mythtv
connection but streaming means a low setting to media stream (~2-3mb/s)
and since it doesn't have have QoS (quality of service) it has to be
close enough so you can ensure the 11mbit to allow the 2-3 mb video to
get through and you still might have problems when the microwave goes
on, but with good antennas and cards it should be possible.

anders