[mythtv-users] sounds when playing back recordings

John Goulah bigjohn at getrockedout.com
Sat Sep 6 14:04:54 EDT 2003

For some reason I am not getting any sound when playing back a recorded
program UNLESS I set myth to record something while I want to watch something
I previously recorded. Other wise it doesn't work, but it works everywhere
else just fine (live tv, music, video).

I had originally been using btaudio, but it doesn't seem to be working
correctly so I plugged the TV sound out to the mic input and am capturing
from that. (aplay /dev/dsp in xawtv with the mic captured and muted works and
thus live tv works fine in myth).

Btaudio seems to load ok (see dmesg below), but if I unhook the patch cable I
don't even get sound from live tv anymore.... Seemed to work before. Maybe
someone notices a problem here, but btaudio isn't the main problem anyway.

btaudio: driver version 0.7 loaded [digital+analog]
btaudio: Bt878 (rev 17) at 00:0b.1, irq: 10, latency: 32, mmio: 0xe6001000
btaudio: using card config "default"
btaudio: registered device dsp1 [digital]
btaudio: registered device dsp2 [analog]
btaudio: registered device mixer1

 I'm really just wondering how I can get sound during playback of recorded
shows without having to record something in the background. I don't really
care about btaudio if I get this working. If anyone needs to see more output
let me know.

Thanks
John