[mythtv-users] btaudio volume too low on digital output

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 22:01:20 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've been scouring the mailing list archives and
Google for the last hour or so, and haven't been able
to find anything useful.

Today I picked up a Hauppauge WinTV dbx (model 401),
gota great deal on it.  It was originally $79.99, $10
instant rebate, plus a $20 mail-in rebate.

The card is working flawlessly, and I even got btaudio
to work, however, the btaudio volume is too low.  I
either have to crank up the volume on the TV, or crank
up the mixer volume on the sound card, neither of
which I'd really like to do (to avoid distortion).
Complicating things even more is that apparently the
analog btaudio device is mono (so I've heard/read), so
I'd really like to use the digital output.

So, is there anyway to adjust the volume on the
digital output of btaudio?  Or am I stuck using the
patch cable (which could pose a problem once I put in
another bttv card that does not support btaudio)?

Thanks,
Joe