[mythtv-users] PCTV Pro (was: OT: WIRED magazine)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Sep 8 13:04:29 EDT 2003

> capture card is a pinnacle pctv pro that I forgot I had in a box, I need to
> find the remote and sensor now... but the card seems to work I didn't have
> cable hooked up to it and I could pick up some local channels with xawtv. It
> has the 878 chip that works with bttv, anyone have issues with this card
> under myth?

I have one of these cards, and it works great..  If mandrake hasn't done
it for you (I don't use mandrake, so I don't know how automated it is
about "special" hardware - redhat doesn't touch tv tuner stuff) just put
the following into your /etc/modules.conf

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv

At least with my system, it detected the card just fine and I didn't
even need to tell it specifically which card I was using.

-Chris