[mythtv-users] Deleting channels from listings and error 1045 from mysql

and hons at rcn.com
Mon Sep 8 23:19:09 EDT 2003

Jarod,

I've been trying to delete some of the more obscure channels on my
local listing, but get an error, from mysql when I try to open the
mythconverg database as you describe below.... My setup is done along
the lines of your how-to, so I'm a little baffled... ;-)

No matter if I use root or mythtv user account I get the same error:
__
[mythtv at epia mythtv]$ mysql mythconverg
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using password:
NO)
__
[root at epia mythtv]# mysql mythconverg
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password:
NO)
__

Any suggestions?
What can I have done wrong?

The only thing I can think of is that I changed network card from the
build-in one to an external usb based wireless dongle, but I kept ip
settings the same as well as the host name.

thanks
anders