[mythtv-users] what is mythbackend doing when in livetv with pvr250?

and hons at rcn.com
Tue Sep 9 13:26:42 EDT 2003

Ahh, that sounds interesting and explains why I can hear the disk even
when the recording is over and I'm not doing anything on it.

I haven't played with the commercial skipping at all yet, I just
thought it did it's magic in realtime while recoding so you could
jump/skip while time-shifting as well as editing/skipping later, but it
would make sense to do that after it's done recording and processor
cycles are more freely available.

When does it do the transcoding?

thanks
anders