[mythtv-users] LIRC gpio "could not reset tty"

Mikael Magnusson mikaelmagnusson at tjohoo.se
Wed Sep 10 13:16:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 01:17:48PM +1000, Martin Brown wrote:
> I'm unable to start lircd.  Keep getting this error message.
>
> I've seen posts saying to open the permissions on /dev/lirc*. I've done
> that but
> still get this message from lircd (running as root). After a clean boot,
> manually loading lirc_gpio module, start lircd by hand so I can't see how
> the
> device could have been claimed by some other process.
>
> Relevant /dev entries are:
>
> crw-rw-rw- /dev/lirc
> srw-rw-rw- /dev/lircd
> prw-rw-rw- /dev/lircm
>
> RedHat9, Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP tuner with remote socket on the card.
>
> Thanks,
> Martin Brown

I think it's odd that you got "could not reset tty" when using LIRC gpio
driver. I searched the LIRC cvs source code for the string and found it
only in serial hardware drivers, not in any kernel driver:
./daemons/hw_slinke.c
./daemons/hw_pixelview.c
./daemons/hw_logitech.c
./daemons/hw_bte.c
./daemons/hw_uirt2.c
./daemons/hw_mp3anywhere.c
./daemons/hw_creative.c
./daemons/hw_uirt2_raw.c
./daemons/hw_pinsys.c

Maybe you are not using the correct driver?

Mikael