[mythtv-users] Myth in a "viewer only" configuration?

Grant Totten grantt at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Sep 10 09:45:21 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've got a Twinhan VisionPlus VP-1020 card in my main PC and I'm using
MyTheatre to capture stuff.  I'd like to setup a viewer PC in the living
room to play these mpeg2 files over the network.

I've taken a look at GeexBox, and it looks like it might fit the bill,
but MythTV looks way cooler and more functional.  However, if I
understand the docs correctly, MythTV requires me to have a supported
"capture" card in at least one of the machines.  Since the Twinhan
doesn't appear to be supported, I might be stuck.  Can anyone clarify
this for me?

Also, while I'm here: the machine I'm planning on using is a
Celeron-366.  If it's just a viewer, do you think it would be up to the
task of playing these 2GB MPEG2 files?

Thanks in advance,
Grant Totten