The Perfect MythTV-FAQ was Re: [mythtv-users] CVS

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 11 14:44:10 EDT 2003

<snip>

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 12:08, Ray Olszewski wrote:

> MythTV FAQ
>
> Q. How do I find the answer to a Frequently Asked Question?
>
> A. Search the archives of the mythtv-dev and mythtv-users mailing lists
> (and perhaps mythtv-commits, for CVS questions). If searching fails, ask it
> again on the appropriate mythtv-* list (and be prepared to be criticized
> for not searching hard enough).
>
> To do searches of mythtv-users and mythtv-dev, start at this URL:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?do=search;guest=1161083&t=search_engine
>
> mythtv-commits is not actually searchable, but you can read through a
> non-searchable archive starting at this URL:
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-commits/
>
> Q. Why isn't there a better FAQ than this?
>
> A. "You think people would read a FAQ?  Hah."
>
> End of MythTV FAQ

This is nearly perfect!  I would change the answer to the second
question to:

"Would you like to volunteer to keep an FAQ up to date in the CVS?"

after all, at the speed at which mythtv is changing (and all the related
drivers and dependencies) it would probably have to be appended weekly
if not daily.

just my 2 cents (which are probably not even worth that much)

-jose-