[mythtv-users] mandrake 9.2 status?

mike russell custoswashere at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 12 10:38:10 EDT 2003

I've loaded it on 9.2 RC1.  Took a while, just had to follow the
instructions though.  So far I just have TV setup, no other plugins.  This
forum has helped a lot with the few problems I received during install.  I
tried to use 9.1 but it wouldn't boot with my config.  There were work
arounds but luckily 9.2 rc1 would load sorta fine.  I have a Soyo Dragon
400, Sapphire 9700 Pro 128 MB, and 1GB of RAM.  That combo causes the a
problem with ACPI (I think that was it) and a session problem during the
session login by root.  All of these are noted in the Mandrake forums.  The
RPM's for MythTV for mandrake 9.1 didn't work for me.  They actually didn't
look like they loaded anything at all.  Tried the package and compile myself
and it actually worked.  The very first time I was able to complie anything
with out any errors at all.  I suggest doing this method at this point in
time since it works.  So far, I'm a little disappointed with TV quality,
using Leadtek Winfast Deluxe card.  I'm sure I have some tweaking to do but
it sure is a lot of damn work to get everything working.  Let me know what
your thoughts are.

Mike