[mythtv-users] Great, another jitter thread

Mon Sep 15 11:47:23 EDT 2003

> Fun!... I'm still puzzled why some people have such bad jitter problems
> while others don't, unless it is mostly a perception issue, but I think
> there's more to it... I'm not really seeing any common thread between
> systems that do it though...

Could it be refresh rate related....

ie If you set 72hz refresh rate plus av/sync then this is going to cause problems for a 50 or 60Hz translation

Whereas for UK users and 75Hz, this isn't too bad.  US users and 80Hz, or 70Hz might not be too bad.

As an aside, I'm on the lookout for a 50Hz PAL modeline suitable for TV use and which works with an nvidia 5200...  Will get round to creating my own someday otherwise...

Thanks