[mythtv-users] MythTV to become obsolete?

Shay mythtv at highstyleweb.com
Mon Sep 15 13:31:16 EDT 2003

Did you read the whole post?  I saw that this morning.  It states that it
"is meant to tightly control the hardware and software that can be used,
probably making any open-source implementation very difficult if not
impossible."

Besides, when have you ever bought a computer component and not replaced it
within 3 years?

I expect that the MythTV will either be gone, or completely different in
2-3 years.  HDTV will be rampant, digital encoders will be abundant and
MPEG9 will create 20mb movies that can easily be stored on our 2 TB drives.

But hey, if $450 is a lot of money and you want to wait 1-3 years for
something better, by all means go ahead.  Hell, TiVo is coming out with v3
sometime this winter.. get that and save a couple bucks.

Myself, I'm going to continue with the MythTV cause its damn fun..  oh, and
occasional I might be able to record a tv show or something..  maybe..  ;)

-Shay