[mythtv-users] MythTV to become obsolete?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Sep 15 20:02:10 EDT 2003

Still got 'em.  Ordered the PVR-350 to replace the PVR-250 (returning to
Amazon) because a guy on the #ivtv-dev channel said the PVR-350's tv-out
will be supported soon and should offer much higher quality than the
Geforce.  I'm currently having issues getting the overscan just right, so
decided the extra $60 for the 350 might be the way to go, particularly
because of the hardware decoder.

And I've been fooling with the WinTv cards as well.  The picture quality
is much better than the ATI TV wonder, but still not what I would call TV
quality.  I'm considering trying to find a way to keep both the PVR-250
and PVR-350, but if I can get the Go cards looking good I'd prefer that
route.

Anyway ideas?

Thanks!

John