[mythtv-users] MythAuto?

Aaron Stewart acs at hourglassone.com
Mon Sep 15 17:04:21 EDT 2003

Hey gang..

I've been working on setting up a front-end in my car using a small
widescreen lcd screen and either a cappucino PC or a via epia board,
along with a touchscreen for user control.

It would essentially be front-end and back end sans the recording aspect
(shows would be pushed to the machine via 802.11g when the car is
parked), but probably include some module for doing things like
interacting with the car's ECU and getting data back for doing engine
management and control.

There are three questions I have:

1. anybody else working on something similar?
2. Anybody interested in something like this?
3. currently, myth uses keyboard-only for control, but I'm thinking that
a touchscreen would send off mouse coordinates (haven't dug that far
yet).. Any chance of getting this capability into the build for those of
us who do need to control myth via mouse?

Cheers,
Aaron