[mythtv-users] I hate when this happens

Scott Blomfield ScottB at Cavps.com
Tue Sep 16 13:16:49 EDT 2003

Naoyuki Tai Writes:
> Could you please find a way to make it to either merge
> those two or make separate entries for each recording
>so that I do not have to lose the first recording?

Absolutely. I will give this the highest priority, but it will take some
work on your part. Are you ready?

First, find your car keys. Good.
Next, drive down to your local electronics or computer store.
Here is the tricky part. Look at the UPS section. You have to select a
model that is sufficient for your needs. Don't give up though, you're
almost there!
After ensuring you have sufficient funds, pay for the UPS you selected.
Drive home.
After making sure that you have nothing scheduled to record for a half
hour or so, gracefully shut down your myth box.
Technical stuff follows!
Unplug your myth box.
Plug in your (new!) UPS into where your Myth box was plugged in.
Plug your myth box into the UPS.

Wow. That's it!

Now, when the power goes out, Myth will not delete the first part of the
recording, and you will have it all. Even the bit where your computer
would have rebooted!!

Happy To Help!
Have a Nice Day!

(Yes, tongue in cheek the whoooooole email long =)