[mythtv-users] I hate when this happens

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Sep 16 14:10:00 EDT 2003

> At this point, I'm completely annoyed by the lack of your
> imagination that you can not extrapolate the real problem
> from simple description of the problem, which is that, the
> restarting of mythbackend kills ongoing recording without
> any user intervention.

I think you missed the "tongue in cheek" portion of his message.

Anyway, I'd also like to see this problem resolved, especially if it
would help to have recording spawned to a second thread (which would be
separated enough form the main backend thread so that restarting the
main backend thread wouldn't kill the recording thread).  It would help
on multiproc/hyperthreaded machines, and also allow ps to show
immediately if a recording is happening.

-Chris