[mythtv-users] Update KnoppMyth installation with MythTV CVS

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Wed Sep 17 12:37:42 EDT 2003

Christoph Rasim wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just tried to update my knoppmyth installation with the cvs version
> of MythTV. Everything compiled fine, but after installing it I get the
> following when trying to start mythfrontend as non-root:
>
> ----------
> Unable to connect to database
> Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using password: YES)
>
> couldn't open DB
>
> Does anyone have an idea what this is about?

I have not used knoppmyth for a while, but I don't think knoppmyth uses
the default mysql password (password=mythtv) for the database that
mythtv does. So when you upgraded to cvs it might be using
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt as a source for the database password.
Change that to whatever the database password really is, and it should
work. Or you can change the password of the database to mythtv.

best,
Cedar