[mythtv-users] Some error messages while running

Ingo Brueckl ib at wupperonline.de
Wed Sep 17 22:32:00 EDT 2003

I'm using a Terratec TerraTValue tv card and am currently testing MythTV
0.11. After some problems with my sound card (drivers), MythTV now seems to
run fine. Great software!

My qt is version 3.2.1 and MySQL is version 3.23.57. Running MythTV, there
are several error messages in the terminal window I started it from, like:

  QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used

  QServerSocket: failed to bind or listen to the socket
  Failed to bind port: 6543

  QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range

What do they mean and what can I do about them? (Especially the "no GUI"
error is strange. How could it run without GUI?)

BTW, does MythTV run with MySQL version 4?

Ingo