[mythtv-users] Position saved does not save the position correctly

Naoyuki Tai ntai at smartfruit.com
Wed Sep 17 19:40:18 EDT 2003

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Naoyuki Tai wrote:
>

>> In 0.10 days, "Position saved" worked perfectly.
>>
>> In 0.11, "Position saved" does not work quite well.
>> Most of the time, it simply looses the position.
>>
>> Is there anything I am doing wrong?
>

> Sorry about this too ;-). There was a belief that users wouldn't be able
> to figure out how to watch from the beginning
> of a show if a bookmark existed (or something silly like that).
> I battled hard to preserver valid bookmarks and the resultant
> compromise is in the playback options.
>
> Go to Setup->TV Settings->Playback then uncheck the last two
> options on the first page: "Clear Saved Position on playback"
> and "Alternate Clear Saved Position". These are both destructive
> by default. Uncheck them and your bookmarks will be left in peace.
>
> --  bjm

Well, both options have been off.

In my case, say, I hit space and "Position Saved" appears.

Hit escape to stop playing. Come back and it does not start
playing from the last position most of the times.

Could you (or someone) tell me where in the mythconverg table
the marker is stored?
I'd like to observe the marker's behavior.

--
Naoyuki "Tai" Tai, ntai a t smartfruit d o t com