[mythtv-users] Action for shutdown option in menu?

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Thu Sep 18 17:48:51 EDT 2003

You know you can press escape from the main menu and shutdown/quit
mythfrontend? Shutdown might be an option but I think at least the quit
option will be there. It's only one level up. Is that such a problem?

If you really want to shutdown though...

somebox# shutdown now -r
Will shutdown and restart your machine

somebox# shutdown now -h
Will shutdown and turn off (if you have ATX etc)

There are others like halt, but shutdown is what I use without any
problems. Bringing up a dialog is another issue but considering it's
already there (albeit one level up) why reinvent the wheel?

CH